Your Best Shot is a monthly photo contest.
Please follow these guidelines to enter. Anyone with a great shot taken in or around the Slough can enter. Subject can be people, nature, landscapes - any photo with an Elkhorn Slough theme - color or black and white. Limited to one entry per week please. Selected winners will be featured on this website.
Images are accepted by email through the following link only. Images need to be low resolution jpeg files: maximum 800 pixels on longest dimension, please. We do not accept prints by mail, all submissions must be digital files.
Please email your image along with the following information:
1. Your full name (how your photo credit will read)
2. Your mailing address
3. Email address
4. File name (bird.jpg) and file size
5. Title of Photo
6. Date Photo was taken
7. Photo Caption - Tell us about the shot, subject of photo, where taken at the Slough, if the photo is of identifiable people, please include their names.
8. Equipment used - Camera format, film or digital any special filters etc...
9. Has this photo been digitally manipulated (other than standard sharpening and color correction)? Is it a composite? If so explain your process.
10. (optional) Information about you - what you do, are you a professional photographer, do you have a website?
Selected winners will be notified by email and given a date when their photo will appear online. Please no phone calls. Questions can be sent by .
By entering your photo in our contest you are permitting the Elkhorn Slough Foundation to use this image on their website or other materials. Copyright is retained by the photographer. Photo credit will be given upon use.